Here are some of the interesting facts about NASA you must have never listened :-
- NASA has discovered a “waterworld” planet (Planet GJ1214b) about 40 light-years away from earth that might contain exotic materials such as “hot ice” and “superfluid water.”
- Just in case life is found on some other planet, NASA actually has an Office of Planetary Protection.
- It takes NASA and Voyager I approximately 32 hours to communicate with each other, with a bandwidth of 115.2 kilobits per second.
- NASA will send you a text message whenever the International Space Station passes over your location.
- The toaster in your kitchen contains a more powerful computer than the one used by NASA to send astronauts to the moon. It only had 64Kbyte of memory and operated at 0.043MHz.
- To be officially considered an astronaut by NASA you must travel at least 50 miles above the surface of the Earth.
- NASA estimates that the value of minerals in the asteroid belt amounts to about $100 billion for every human on the planet.
- In 2008, NASA worked with Speedo to create the most drag resistant swimsuit ever. It was so successful that swimmers were actually banned from using it in many competitions.
- NASA’s goal is to have humans on Mars by some point in the 2030s.
Thanks For Reading!
Team Incknowledge thanks Mr. Suraj khanna for compiling this list and for providing this info.
Sources :- National aeronautical space agency
Like, comment and share.