Here are some Human Body Facts Which everyone should know……
- Ever wondered why your inner hand gets swollen with wrinkles when under water..??
Guess what !! It is our evolutionary change that gives us extra friction under water which cannot be provided efficiently with our normal hands especially when under water.
- Do you know the fact you have a bone in your body that doesn,t connect with other bones in your skeletal system ??
It is the Hyoid bone which lies underneath your tongue. It aids in tongue movement and swallowing.
- Fingernails grow two to three times faster than toenails.
- Ever wondered why we need to wear socks prior to wearing shoes??
Sweat glands are more concentrated on the feet than in any other part of the body. In a pair of feet there are normally about 250,000 sweat glands which typically produce about half a pint of perspiration a day.
- Ever wondered why we feel shivering under cold conditions ??
When you feel cold, tiny sensors in your skin send messages to your brain telling you need to warm up. Your brain sends messages to nerves all over your body telling your muscles to tighten and loosen really fast, which is what we call shivering. It does this because when muscles move they generate heat.
- Human body is about 72 percent water
- Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system: it warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.
- A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr (100 mi/hr), and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr (60 mi/hr).
- There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.
- One square inch of human skin contains 625 sweat glands.
- The aorta, the largest artery in the body, is almost the diameter of a garden hose.
- Babies start dreaming even before they’re born.
- Humans are the only primates that don’t have pigment in the palms of their hands.
- Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 3 feet long in his lifetime.
- The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal and repair by its own.
- It is believed that the main purpose of eyebrows is to keep sweat out of the eyes.
Thanks for reading.
Team incknowledge thanks Mr. Anish Raj for providing these beautiful facts.
Anish raj is a software engineer in chennai with a curious mind.